Creativity dawns early this year

Usually my crafty sense kicks in as the season changes and the days get shorter. This year its still smokin' hot out and it's only August, but already I'm planning and pulling out supplies, yes and buying supplies.  For me this is shopping delight - an hour at Michael's or the fabric store .. or MEC, but that's another vice for another blog post.

So last week, or was it the week before, I blogged about some scrapbook pages I made. I've done a bunch more since then. They're nice enough, but quite by accident, we've moved on to something new.

On Saturday we were spending some family time together and ended up on Granville Island.  We went into the yoga store where I bought a bolster. I've been meaning to make one for ages, but clearly haven't gotten around to it.  Then Ayesha suggested we go look at the bead store to make earrings.  We spent about an hour planning and deciding and then purchasing supplies.  Of course we came straight home after that because now we had a task at hand.

Ayesha and I spent the next couple of hours making earrings.  The creativity was fun, but sharing that with my almost 18 year old daughter was pretty fun too.  AND I made a necklace and fixed another as well. Of course my skills were a little rusty so everything took longer. I had to remember how to do things and then teach Ayesha what little I knew.  All in all, a lovely way to spend an afternoon that's too hot to do anything outside.

Ayesha made the pair on the left with the turquoise bead, and mine are on the right. The beads that look red are actually black, I promise. They're so pretty and reflect differently every time I look at them.

So the project list looks something like this:
  • I have more earrings to make
  • I have this sweater that I've been working on for Ayesha
  • I want to make tea cosies - I have a whole pattern book for knitted tea cosies
  • I have more than one quilt on the go - one that needs a backing assembled, one that's ready for quilting and 100's of ideas for others
  • I want to make another afghan
  • I want to knit more squares to send to South Africa like I did last summer. http://www.knit-a-square.com/
  • I want to make stained glass mosaics - I have a book and some materials - I'm ready to go
  • And of course, scrapbooking and card making are both ongoing tasks
Sigh .. so much to do so little time.

Why then I'm spending time blogging about creating instead of creating .. hmmm .. you'll have to excuse me. I have projects waiting.

Comments