Christmas Cards

I have very few Christmas stamps since I've never made Christmas cards before.  This year I have the Dasher stamp!  

Dasher Stamp Set - by Stampin' Up!



What's not to love about this stamp? On the one hand it's low key and simple and yet you can go nuts with those magnificent antlers.  So I went a little nuts!

 
I feel like such a rebel making black Christmas cards.  On  this one I used my new lace punch and added glitter to the long antlers.  You can see it better here.

Too much maybe? So I just used touches of glitter on the swirlies of the antlers this time.  That didn't seem quite festive enough, so I added some silver embossed snowflakes, and two dangly snowflakes.

Here's another Dasher creation - this time going tone-on-tone for subtlety, and then adding some blingies to bring it to life.  The same lace bunch is used to add a border.  The brown strip on the side went for a ride through the Big Shot with the Vintage embossing envelope.  I am loving my Big Shot.


Ok one more:

Here's the same lace punch in action.  I threaded narrow ribbon through it, and then used some blingies to add some zip to it.

I love how versatile the Dasher stamp is.  I might try making some more traditional Christmas cards this week. 


This blog entry was originally done for my Stampin' Up site at http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/moniera/blog




Comments