My name's Moniera & I scrapbook

I don't know why, but people are often surprised when I say that I scrapbook. I get the same reaction when I mention knitting, crocheting, or (oh no!!) quilting; yes I do all of those things too. Oh and make greeting cards.

After MEC (and the Arcteryx outlet store, where I can't really afford to shop), Michaels and then Staples are my favorite retail outlets. OK and then maybe Chapters .. but I'm trying to break up with Chapters because it turns out I'm a hypocrite to love Chapters when I hate on Starbucks for being a monster-nopoly - but really, that's a discussion for another day.

So yes, I scrapbook. And everytime I do it, I forget just how much I love it. I probably haven't been down to my craft room ... yes I have a craft room .. in a coupla months at least.  Last night I was relaxed after a nice hot bath .. and thought hmm ... a visit to the craft room is in order. Sometimes I'm just happy to go down there and putz .. yes that's a real word. It means moving stuff around, tidying up, organising, planning.  


That was my intention when I went down there, but a magazine was laying open on the desk, with inspiration just calling my name.  Moments later, I bounced over to the paper stash, looking for browns and reds with ideas swirling around inside my head. The picture is of Ayesha on a carousel ...circa 1998 perhaps. The focus isn't that great, but there's no question about how thrilled she is to be on the horse. I love that picture and it fit my moment of inspiration perfectly.  






Then I was trying to plan my next page, and again, the perfect pictures jumped forward, with the perfect patterned paper. Actually I lie. I had some pink paper frames lying around that I planned to use ... but they were the wrong size for the pictures I had in mind for the next project. So I stayed with the pink, but went with different paper .. and one thing led to another ... and this is what I ended up with. What I like about this page is how it's not the usual San Francisco sights. The Transamerica builiding shot is taken from a fun angle so I love that shot. The Tiburon picture is not one you'll find on a San Franciso postcard, and the Palace of Fine Arts isn't even a palace - but I like the picture anyway.



Comments