So many ways to create and have fun

I've been having so much fun making things. My only dilemma is so little time, so many creative outlets - which to choose.

The jewellery making frenzy continues unabated.  Now I've progressed from earrings to wire work and even wine charms.


A few weeks ago, I made some wine charms for a friend’s birthday, which I displayed in a card that I had just made a few weeks earlier.







In the meantime, I dug up my box of scrap glass. A number of years ago I used to make lots of stained glass pieces: mostly candle holders and sun-catchers for your window. Then we moved and I didn’t have a space to make a mess with flying glass shards, but now I have a space again.  I spent the first evening just sorting and playing: futzing as I call it.  I sorted glass, tried to remember some of the projects that I had abandoned mid way, planned projects (my favourite task), and prepared tools. I just love whiling away the hours like this.


It took me a few days to get there, but eventually I moved towards doing something.  I had bought some wood shapes to use as a base for mosaic coasters. And I just happened to have some petals and leaves cut from a previous project.  Bada-bing-bada-boom, I had my first coaster. 

The cool thing about mosaics is that it’s all pretty random. Way less measuring and cutting as nothing needs to fit perfectly. Everything just has to more or less go together.  The other thing is that I don’t think I need to grind down all the sharp edges.   The next step is the grout filler bits and just like magic, I have a coaster. I guess it needs a velvety base, but I can glue that on later.

 The reason for this rather late post is because I end up having to choose between making something or blogging about making something. Usually I go with the latter.  Now I'm working on a knitting project that's been dragging on since last winter.  My poor daughter really needs to be able to wear last years sweater this year.







Comments