Dark at 6:30am

7:46

I woke up at 6:20 this morning when I heard my kidlet push her door open.  It was still dark so I pretended that I hadn't woken up for a few minutes.  Then I had a carpe diem moment and jumped out of bed.

I love the Fall, but there's still something sad about it being pitch dark at 6:30.  I came down to see my kidlet off to school and pondered the obscenity of having to leave home before 7 to get to class.  I'm proud of my kidlet for getting herself together and out the door on time at this ungodly hour.

She walked up the dark stairs to the back alley and I shouted out a warning to look for bears and raccoons since it was garbage day.  Made me smile that we live where I have to say something like that.

So now I've been at my computer whiling away my morning on two quick work emails, then Twitter, then National Geographic, then Etsy which led me back to Pinterest. I always end up on Pinterest it seems ... and all the time watching the morning unfold outside.

I don't love the dark mornings, but I do love being able to witness the breaking of a brand new day.

7:51

Comments