Did you Watch Felix today?

4:04

My morning productivity went out the window when my twitter feed (follow me @moniera) lit up with Felix Baumgartner's ascent to 100,000 ft this morning.  Of course, I stopped everything to watch it online.

Beside the unfathomable feat before my eyes ... there were a whole bunch of other unfathomables!

Such as a camera lens that can transmit a picture of that quality of something that is 120,000ft away. Wouldn't you love to see that lens?

The fact that all of us, around the world, set gaping at our computer monitors as this all unfolded.  The technology behind this is beyond mind-boggling.

How is it that until a month of so ago, I'd never heard of Felix Baumgartner, and today I was moved to tears watching him.  Aren't our emotions funny.

The other unfathomable thing is the amount of data collected during this expedition.  We're all so thrilled with Felix breaking the sound barrier, we are mostly oblivious to all the other data being collected and its impact and what it means for safe space travel from this day forward.

Unfathomable!

4:09

Comments