Dream Homes

8:35

Mostly I use Pinterest for crafty things, but recently I've been looking at living spaces - mostly outdoor living spaces.  I'm never someone who has ideas of a dream home because a home for me is a place to store your gear and rest until you go on the next adventure.

But here in my midlife crisis, I am starting to think about what my dream home would look like.  It would be near the the mountains - that is the one absolute requirement.  I want to wake up each morning to towering peaks around me.  Some body of water - a nice long flat river trail for example - would be great too, but that's an added bonus.

There will be long covered porch so I can sit outside in the rain.  The porch will have cushiony couches for me to while away the hours reading or knitting or writing.  A little woodstove in one corner would be nice too.

Speaking of woodstove - I would love one in my kitchen.  One that warms the whole house all day long.  We will think about who chops wood and gets up before dawn to make the fire later - just let me dream for now.

The house will be small and simple and there'll be a garden where I grow my own vegetables.  In my fantasy I also have a green thumb of course.

8:40

Time is up for this post .. but watch this space as this dream takes shape. And follow my board on Pinterest too.

Comments