Reserving Judgement on the Class I'm Taking .. for now

I was in bed already - well almost - when I realised I haven't done my quicky blog post for today.  So here I am for my daily 5-minute ramble

10:44

I'm taking an HTML/CSS class at a local college.  They call themselves a university, but that title is only acknowledged by some of the other universities.  Anyway - the class I'm taking is continuing education as opposed to full credit.  It would appear that impacts the credibility of the course.  Too bad it didn't also reflect in the course fees.

The class is an interesting mix of people who have used Dreamweaver extensively, to people who are asking why you double-click something.  This evening we had a 10 minute explanation about why there was so much space at the end of the line.  As much as the teacher explained that the long word would not fit there so it went to the next line, this poor classmate could not understand why the word jumped to the next line.

If this concept is challenging in class 2, I'm interested to see what class 5 is going to be like.

There is a woman who sits besides me who furiously types away as teacher-man is talking and then has to interrupt 100 times to ask questions.  Should someone tell her to stop typing and listen?

This class is going nowhere in a hurry, but I'm not ready to throw in the towel.  I'm still hopeful that soon enough the material will get interesting enough to keep me there.

10:49

Comments