So much to do - so little time

12:53

When my employment status became "unemployed", one of my goals was to work through the scrap. I have scrap yarn, scrap fabric, scrap paper, scrap glass - lots of scrap.

I've made a dent in the fabric - making a bunch of random squares, which will turn into a quilt at some point.  I've also pieced together a back for one quilt cover that I made a few years ago, and made a little crib cover from the scrap. See - progress. Of course, neither have actually been quilted yet.  I moved on to something else before I got to that part.

The scrap yarn hasn't really reduced much.  I'm knitting a nordic-style sweater for Miss Mya - which I will finish today - promise! It may even show up on a blog at some future point.  But yeah - that hasn't made a dent in the mountain of yarn. And then I did absolutely by mistake buy this beautiful jacquard yarn last week - also for Miss Mya.  The requirement to stop buying and work through the existing supply escaped me at the time. 

12:58

Time is up but I quickly need to tell you about paper scrap.  Paper scrap will always accumulate far faster than I can use it. I told you yesterday about the paper garland plan. That will help, but of course, card-making and scrapbooking produces scrap at a much faster rate than I can use it up.  I could do some more iris-folding projects too.  Ooooh, so much paper, so little time! 

There's also a cross-stitch project to finish .. too embarrassed to say how long that one's been in the works.

And there's a list of projects including fabric books, a fabric carry-along doll-house, quilts to finish (oh yes, there are others hiding), socks to knit, baby projects for so many babies ... alas ... not nearly enough time to do all those fun things.  But now, I'm running out with my camera to go take pictures of cyclocross in the rain.

Comments