Time Well Spent

11:54

This morning I baked muffins for breakfast.  Last night I worked on 3 different blog posts.  Last weekend I made significant progress on a sweater that I thought I would have finished by now - but I clearly underestimated how long some things take.  Yesterday I also went for a run and went to school for my evening class.

I came home a little bummed from my class, but went to bed thinking about my new life.  Without a job to go to each day, I'm having to figure out a whole new use of my time.  Sometimes I work in the morning, and sometimes I go play in the morning, or buy groceries or other thrilling errands, and then I work at 10 o'clock at night.  I don't have new routines worked out yet, but they're starting to come together.

Having to think about how you spend your time gives time a whole new value.  Without the pre-ordained expectation to be somewhere at a certain time, I get to use my time how I want and I'm determined to use it well.  I still have to work, because apparently that's required when you're starting a new business - but I have the freedom to do some of the other things that I like to do.

And for this I am grateful.

11:59

Comments