Collecting Certificates

10:32

When people ask me what my dream job is, I always say I need to find a way to make a living writing, crafting and working out.

Now without a "real" job, I've been working on the writing bit through FSB.  You haven't heard me go on about FSB yet? Here's our website www.financialservicesblog.ca

I have the certification to teach cycle-fit and Zumba .. but ummmm .. haven't actually found classes to teach.  I'm going to move that up my to-do list.




Next is the craft thing. I don't know that I could make a living from crafting, but I do still love sharing, so maybe this is on the do what you love side of the equation.  Besides I like calling myself a Creative Coach - I love that moment when people are delighted with something they've made.  I do card classes at my kitchen table, but I think about all the other people outside my little circle of friends that I can share my love of paper and glue with.

So now I've been finding out what it takes to teach classes at Michaels. Did you know you have to be certified to teach paper crafting classes?  Did you know that a paper crafting certification even exists! You get to be a CSI*!! Fortunately, the only crime involved is too much glue!

To teach knitting and crochet classes you have to get certified by the Craft Yarn Council.  Yup, there's a Craft Yarn Council policing the teaching of knitting.  Maybe it's because of the dangers of sharp objects?  Anyway, they're going to email me the requirements to get certified. I'll keep you posted.

Oh ... and I want to get MDS certified too.  MDS is Stampin' Up's digital design program and if you do a bunch of the trainings you get a certificate for that to.  Bring it on!

And there's my HTML class that I'm taking at Cap College. Guess what I get at the end of that class. Yup you guessed it: a certificate.  All I have to do to get this certificate is show up for most of the classes - just show up! All the learning goes on independently at home. Go figure!

I'm going to have a whole lot of certificates ... I better be putting them to good use! Wish me luck.

10:something ... I've lost track of time on this one



*Canary School Instructor

Comments