Quiet Books

I had the idea to make a fabric book for a wee babylet that I love.  She's not so wee anymore; she's big girl with a big personality now.  OK, OK, so I'm a little late posting about this project. I've seen fabric books at the store, but couldn't find a pattern. So I went to the google-machine.

I search for fabric books brought up Quiet Books - that's the proper term for them.  Whoa!! So much inspiration. Of course I needed a new Pinterest board to save a bunch of them.

Here's what I came up with.  Once you start to get ideas, it's hard to contain them.  You could easily get carried away.

These are the little finger puppets.  There's a cow, a chick an a piggy, and they all live in a barn.

This is horse that stands by a gate. When you open the gate, there's a little puppy.

This a a pond, with little ducklings hiding under the flaps.

Each flower has a little bug hiding somewhere in the petals.

Of course a cat needs a bell. But this one also has a mousey friend.

The tree has apples hiding in the leaves, and basket of apples at its base.

There are a couple of eggs beneath the hen, with little chicks inside.

The cloud has raindrops falling from it.  There's a little bunny hiding behind the hill, and a buzzy bee in tree.

This frog's tongue is an excellent fly catcher.

This butterfly's spots can be snapped on an off.

This project was so much fun, but the fine detail needed hand sewing that took a lot more time than I anticipated.  Sewing with felt is so much fun. 

I think I might have to do another one soon.


Comments